Pledges will be made from one party ((N)PC, Train, the game gods) to another.
Pledges can be chained and dependent on each other (allowing a bit of either or flexibility)
Contracts will be implemented as 2 one-way pledges.
(i.e. an exchange of goods and services)
When one commitment is made, the other becomes binding.
The game will watch for a breech of binding pledges (and uncompleted contracts); either branding the breecher as a purjuror or voiding the contract.
Either party can release the other from his duties, but that will not automatically be reciprocal. Without entering into a “Release” meta-contract, such an act is foolish, trusting (foolish) or generous (foolish).
- pay once
- pay periodically
- pay whenever...
- give once/periodically/whenever...
- leave alone
- attack only in retalliation
- go to
- walk The Walk
- suicide player (harsh)
- eradicate (punitively hard target, like a settlement)
- Release (allows atomic, reciprocal releases from a contract)
- Forgive (only an offended party [or the GMs] can remove a breeched contract from someone’s record. Which means that to breech, then eradicate the contracted player will make for a permanent stain on your record)
- Renew (reciprocal renews allow for manually repeating contracts)
If you want to add comments, please do